Saturday, March 30, 2013

A new member of the family!

Thursday morning we woke up to find this little turkey egg well on its way to hatching.  It had pipped a line around the large end of the egg and was working at pushing it away.  It finally made its appearance sometime during the night on Friday.  No sign of anything from the other eight yet.
It is really hard to get a good picture through the top of the incubator.  I can't take him out until he is good and dry.  I'm not sure what breed he is yet either, since the eggs were mixed breeds.
April 3, I have 13 Iowa Blue chicks due to hatch, then April 6, we are going to Avoca to their bird and small animal sale.
The live chicks I had coming in the mail from Meyer Hatchery in Ohio, arrived at the post office in less than live condition.  Meyer's immediately refunded my money.







Below is our newest doeling.  Her twin didn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment