Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring is just around the corner!

My tulips a peeking through!
Today was so nice because it wasn't windy.  We are on a hill and we have many more windy days than calm ones.  We checked on our Boer does a few more times today because they were due two days ago.  One of them was acting a little strange but no real symptoms.  She just stood by the fence by herself instead of moving around with the others and this was at feeding time.  I guess they will kid when it is their time.
I received 15 Iowa Blue chicken  hatching eggs and 3 Sebastopol goose hatching eggs today.  They are warming up before I put them in the incubator.  I have 4 more goose eggs coming next month.  I candled my turkey egg a few minutes ago and I think I might have more good ones than I thought.  I saw another one moving around in the egg.  I still have about 4 out of the 13 that are pretty clear, so they probably aren't developing.  I set the Iowas Blues tonight and will put the goose eggs in tomorrow.  I am really enjoying this!

No comments:

Post a Comment